Introducing Our Zero Waste Patrol Pilot Programs!
COVID-19 has prohibited CHaRM from hosting monthly popup recycling events around the city. As you can imagine, this has impacted our collection and fundraising capabilities. In an effort to further expand and make our services more convenient, we are kicking off CHaRM’s Zero Waste Patrol Pilot Program! This initiative will offer home pickup services (in a limited area) for hard-to-recycle materials. Currently, only zip codes 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30318, 30324, 30326, 30327 and 30342 are included in our service area. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you’d like us to pick up in your area!
The Process is Extremely Easy!
1. Schedule Pickup
Simply schedule a pickup with CHaRM. Your first pickup includes your tote bag! We will deliver your bag one to two days prior to your initial pickup date. Non-refundable payment must be received when scheduling.
2. Sort Recyclables
Place accepted recyclables in the provided tote. Make sure that items are clean, dry and free of food debris. Please separate them into paper or plastic bags. We will recycle your plastic bags for you too!
3. Place Tote for Pickup
Place the filled tote in a predetermined spot and the Zero Waste Patrol will collect it on your scheduled pickup date!
2022 Holiday Closures
September 3rd, October 20th, November 26th, December 22nd, December 24th, December 31
Frequently Asked Questions
How big are the totes?
Medium Bag: 24in long x 12in deep x 15in wide
Large Bag: 38in long x 12in deep x 15in wide
What does this service cost?
Large Bag: The initial cost is $55, which includes the large reusable tote and your first pickup service for FREE. Each additional pickup costs $35.
When will my CHaRM Zero Waste Patrol bag be delivered?
What items does the Zero Waste Patrol collect?
Please separate all of your items in paper or plastic bags. We will recycle your plastic bags as well.
- Glass–Wine/beer liquor bottles, jars, condiment jars, etc. are all accepted.
- Styrofoam–To go containers and shipping styrofoam are accepted. We do not accept black styrofoam or packing peanuts.
- Plastic film–Plastic grocery bags, bread bags, produce bags, dry cleaning bags and plastics that “stretch”, we’ll likely take it. If it crunches, it is likely not recyclable (pet food bags, snack food bags, grape bags, etc.)
- Plastics #1, #2, #4, #5, #6
- Small electronics–Cell phones, cords, cables, laptops, curling irons, hairdryers. We do not take TV’s or computer monitors.
- Textiles–We will accept used, worn, tattered or new, but will not accept rugs or carpet.
*Make sure that all items are clean and dry.
When is payment due for my pickup service?
Be sure to submit payment with your reservation.
Are the fees refundable?
Fees are refundable if cancellation is requested more than 48 hours ahead of scheduled pickup. Otherwise, the fees are non-refundable.
How do I prepare my items for collection?
Items that are not CLEAN, DRY AND FREE OF FOOD DEBRIS will not be accepted. Please separate them into paper or plastic bags. We will recycle your plastic bags for you too!
Can I put my hard-to-recycle materials in plastic bags inside the tote?
Absolutely! We will recycle the plastic bags for you.